Recipe by lazyme
This is a really easy, quick, and tasty soup.
Top Review by mama smurf
Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Tag game and forgot to post...what a wonderful chowder! I didn't have bay shrimp so I used small shrimp cut into pieces which still worked and the spice wasn't overpowering...just a creamy and delicious chowder (sorry I guess I already said that). Definately going into my Favorites for 2011. Thank you.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 large yellow onion, julienned
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans whole kernel corn
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 6 ounces bay shrimp
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Add the onions and saute until translucent.
- Add the corn, chicken stock and whipping cream; simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and puree in food processor in small batches.
- Return to pan. Add Cajun seasoning and bay shrimp and stir well. Let set for one hour to develop flavor, then reheat and serve.