Recipe by DeeVaFoodie
This comes from Semi-Homemade by Sandra Lee
Top Review by AustinCFos
We really liked this for a healthy and simple to make dinner. I just had plain diced tomatoes so diced up some onions, celery and green pepper to sauté with the Trader Joes chicken andouille, added some additional fresh grated garlic, a quarter head of chopped cauliflower, and let it simmer in covered skillet for 15 minutes before adding a few small shrimp, the pasta, fresh parsley and garden basil. Yum! Scaled down everything and still have some left for lunch for one...ME!
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 1 (14 ounce) packagesmoked andouille sausages, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb medium raw shrimp, peeled
- 1 (1 lb) bagfrozen pepper, stir-fry mix
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes with green peppers, celery and onion, undrained
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare fettuccini according to package instructions. Keep warm.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes. Add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until pink and firm. Using a slotted spoon, remove sausage and shrimp from skillet. Add pepper stir-fry mixture to hot drippings in pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in sausage and shrimp.
- In a large bowl, toss sausage mixture with cooked pasta.