This is a wonderful recipe that I came across on another recipe site. I've modified it slightly to fit my tastes. This sauce is great served over pasta or dirty rice. This recipe is one I typically make for dinner parties or potlucks so it serves a crowd, but it can easily be cut down to a family appropriate amount.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb andouille sausages or 1 lb smoked sausage, cubed
- 8 -10 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup yellow onions or 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup beer (any kind will work)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 1Heat large skillet to med-high heat.
- 2Add butter, melt.
- 3Add onion, green pepper, celery, garlic and basil.
- 4Saute until onions are transparent but not browned.
- 5Add sausage and saute until browned.
- 6Add tomatoes and cook 5 minutes or until soft.
- 7Add beer and water and boil until reduced by 1/3 to 1/2.
- 8Add heavy cream, salt and Cajun seasonings.
- 9Stir in shrimp and cook until pink; about 3-5 minutes.
- 10Allow sauce to thicken.
- 11If sauce is too thin you can add about a tsp.
- 12flour or cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup water to the sauce.
- 13Make sure to stir frequently while sauce is thickening to prevent lumping.
- 14This can be served over your favorite rice or pasta.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Shrimp and Andouille in Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 529.3
- Calories from Fat 362
- Total Fat 40.2 g
- Saturated Fat 20.2 g
- Cholesterol 260.9 mg
- Sodium 1810.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 28.6 g