Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my version of Dave and Buster's Cajun Shrimp Alfredo. This goes together rather quickly and is so good. I would certainly serve this to company by doubling the recipe. Also, if you like spicy but not to spicy you can leave out the last addition of the Creole seasoning, or you can add more if you really like spicy.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined, without tails
- 2 tablespoons tony's creole seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced, I used fresh from the garden
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup onion, diced, divided
- 8 ounces linguine
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon tony's creole seasoning
- Get all of your ingredients ready, tomatoes diced, onion diced and so forth because the recipe goes together fast once the shrimp is cooked.
- Toss the shrimp in 1 tablespoon of the Creole Seasoning, set aside.
- Fill a pan with water adding salt to season the pasta. When water boils add pasta and cook until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a skillet with the olive oil and butter inside. Add the mushrooms and garlic powder when the butter has melted, cook for about 1 to 2 minutes, next add 1/2 cup of the onions and cook for another minute then add the shrimp. Cook for about 3 to 5 minutes or until the shrimp turns pink.
- When the shrimp has cooked add the cream and the other addition of Creole Seasoning (the 1/2 to 1 T). Bring this to a simmer then turn the heat down to medium low.
- Add the cheese, egg yolk, and the tomatoes. Heat until the sauce thickens. The heat needs to be low to keep the egg from curdling.
- When the sauce has thickened add the other 1/2 cup of onions and the drained pasta. Toss unil the pasta is coated. Garnish with extra diced tomatoes and cheese if desired.
The best Cajun shrimp pasta I've made!!! Excellent recipe, will most definitely use again
This is absolutely delicious! I cooked all the onions the recipe called for together in the beginning, but that was the only change I made. Thank you for the note of having it all chopped before beginning, that helped a lot, as it does move quickly. I was wondering if my husband liked this dish, as he wasn't saying much. Then I look over and he is DRINKING the leftover sauce from his bowl of pasta! He looked a little sheepish, and said, "That was amazing, good job!" So, that was amazing, good job! :D
Never been to Dave and Brusters but this was fabulous. Cut back on the seasonings and onion. Restaurant quality.