1/1 Photo of Cajun Shrimp Alfredo
This is my version of Dave and Buster's Cajun Shrimp Alfredo. This goes together rather quickly and is so good. I would certainly serve this to company by doubling the recipe. Also, if you like spicy but not to spicy you can leave out the last addition of the Creole seasoning, or you can add more if you really like spicy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined, without tails
- 2 tablespoons tony's creole seasoning
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 cup tomato, diced, I used fresh from the garden
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup onion, diced, divided
- 8 ounces linguine
- 1/2-1 tablespoon tony's creole seasoning
- 1Get all of your ingredients ready, tomatoes diced, onion diced and so forth because the recipe goes together fast once the shrimp is cooked.
- 2Toss the shrimp in 1 tablespoon of the Creole Seasoning, set aside.
- 3Fill a pan with water adding salt to season the pasta. When water boils add pasta and cook until al dente.
- 4While pasta is cooking, heat a skillet with the olive oil and butter inside. Add the mushrooms and garlic powder when the butter has melted, cook for about 1 to 2 minutes, next add 1/2 cup of the onions and cook for another minute then add the shrimp. Cook for about 3 to 5 minutes or until the shrimp turns pink.
- 5When the shrimp has cooked add the cream and the other addition of Creole Seasoning (the 1/2 to 1 T). Bring this to a simmer then turn the heat down to medium low.
- 6Add the cheese, egg yolk, and the tomatoes. Heat until the sauce thickens. The heat needs to be low to keep the egg from curdling.
- 7When the sauce has thickened add the other 1/2 cup of onions and the drained pasta. Toss unil the pasta is coated. Garnish with extra diced tomatoes and cheese if desired.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Shrimp Alfredo
Serving Size: 1 (1199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1483.9
- Calories from Fat 754
- Total Fat 83.8 g
- Saturated Fat 44.3 g
- Cholesterol 598.6 mg
- Sodium 2195.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 109.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 74.4 g