Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
I had some chops and didn't really know what I wanted to do with them.So after looking through alot and I mean ALOT :) of chop recipes.I still couldn't find anything to strike my fancy, so I came up with this.If you try this recipe, please feel free to change the amount of cajun seasoning to meet your household's taste. The "ZAAR" database wouldn't let me put in the thickness of the chops the thickness is 1/2 inch. If desired sprinkle more cajun seasing over chops before frying. Chill time is included in prep time.Submitted to "ZAAR" on November 5th,2008.
- 4 center-cut pork chops
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups honey-flavored barbecue sauce
- In a shallow bowl, mix together buttermilk and the 1 teaspoon of cajun seasoning.
- Add chops, making sure buttermilk/cajun mixture is covering chops, and chill for 3 hours.
- Remove chops from buttermilk after 3 hours,discard buttermilk.
- Mix together the flour and 2 teaspoons of cajun seasonings.
- Coat both sides of all chops in seasoned flour.
- In a skillet large enough to hold all four chops over medium heat, heat oil till hot but not smoking.
- Add chops to skillet and brown on both sides until desired color is reached.
- Remove chops and drain any remaining oil.
- Return chops to skillet, and pour BBQ sauce over the the chops.
- Turn chops over in sauce to cover both sides.
- Cover with lid and turn heat down to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until chops are tender.