Recipe by "Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"
This recipe is featured on AllRecipes.com with over 300 reviews. A great recipe to serve during Mardi Gra time! This is a spicy one and not for those watching their fat intake!! Tone down the pepper to your liking! Start with half the amount of pepper called for and add more if you wish. Other seafood may be substituted for the shrimp and scallops.
- 1 pint heavy cream (to decrease fat intake, use a 1/2 pint of light cream and 1/2 pint of heavy cream)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 lb medium shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1⁄2 lb bay scallop
- 1⁄2 cup grated swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour cream into large skillet and simmer, stirring constantly until just about boiling.
- Reduce heat and add herbs, salt, peppers, onions, and parsley.
- Simmer 7 to 8 minutes until thickened.
- Stir in seafood, cooking shrimp until no longer transparent.
- Add cheeses, blending well.
- Serve over cooked noodles or fettucini immediately.