Recipe by Chef Dee
293 five star reviews caught my interest in this pasta dish when I was searching the net. Shrimp and scallops in a cream sauce with parmesan and swiss served over your favourite pasta.
Top Review by justinechua
This is definitely the best and the easiest alfredo sauce ever! It tastes like it's from a nice restaurant! I was a bit worried on the consistency as I was waiting for the cream to thicken but I just added more cheese and it was perfect! I personally prefer my alfredo to be much thicker thats all. I made this meal for 3 hungry men and they were raving about it. hahah! I know this may seem odd but I did use monterey jack cheese instead of swiss. Not because it was preferred but because i couldn't find it at the grocery store and didn't have time to go looking for it! And it STILL came out fantastic. I would say this is the best alfredo recipe I've used by far!
- 1 lb dry linguine or 1 lb dry fettuccine pasta
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon crushed fresh red pepper flakes
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 lb scallops
- 3⁄4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Meanwhile, pour cream into large skillet. Cook over med. heat, stirring constantly, until just boiling.
- Reduce heat, add herbs,seasoning,and veg's.
- Simmer 8 minutes, or until thickened.
- Stir in seafood, cooking until shrimp is no longer transparent.
- Stir in cheeses, blending well.
- Drain pasta,top with seafood sauce.
- Opt. You can make this hotter to suit your tastes by doubling the pepper and red pepper flakes.