Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Delicious Cajun sea scallops. Quick and Easy to make!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 teaspoon gourmet creations organic mardi gras cajun dip mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 3⁄4 lb fresh scallops
- 1 -2 teaspoon hot sauce
- Cajun Scallops for dinner anyone? Get ready to spice up your dinner plans with this fantastic scallop recipe. ( Remember: It's always best to purchase "Dry" Sea Scallops as opposed to "wet" scallops, because a "wet" scallop has been in a bath of chemical plumping agents to make it look larger, and to have fewer scallops make up a full pound. Wet scallops are also far less flavorful than the dry.).
- Directions: Heat oil in a cast-iron skillet over high heat. Add onion, Cajun seasoning, and pepper; sauté 3 minutes. Add butter and garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add scallops; cook 1 minute or until browned. Sprinkle with hot sauce; turn. Cook 3 minutes or until done. Enjoy!