Prep 8 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Let this dish warm you from the inside out!! I received this recipe from a friend in Kansas City. You can use whatever heat level of Ro-Tel tomatoes you prefer. The method is simple and the taste is BIG! (Note: Cooktime includes 4 hrs of high-temp cooking in crockpot.)
- 1 lb smoked turkey sausage, sliced (Kielbasa)
- 1 (16 ounce) can red beans
- 1 (10 ounce) canro-tel tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 cup coarsely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons bottled Italian dressing
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- Combine all ingredients in crock pot.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or on high 4-6 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Vegetables will be tender and sauce will be a rich brown color when done.
- Serve over rice.