Recipe by janem123
This recipe is adapted from a recipe from Reynolds Kitchens. My kids really like this, although lots of times they eat the sausage and leave the rest!
Top Review by Ginny Sue
I started making this, fully intending to bake this in the oven as directed. Then I thought, do I really want to heat up the oven in the middle of the summer? So I made it instead as a stovetop skillet meal. I fried up the sausage until they were nicely browned, then added the other ingredients and cooked until heated through, about 15 minutes. I used one can of black beans and one can of white beans for variety. In true Cajun style, we enjoyed this over white rice.
- 1 lb reduced-fat smoked turkey sausage, cut in 1/4 inch slices
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes with onion and garlic
- 2 teaspoons extra spicy herb seasoning mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sausage, beans, tomatoes, and seasoning.
- Center 1/4 of the sausage mixture on a 12 X 18 sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil. Bring up sides of foil and double fold. Double fold ends, leaving room for heat to circulate inside. Repeat to make 4 packets.
- Place packets on a cookie sheet and bake at 450* for 18-20 minutes.