Recipe by Dancer^
Salmon is slightly higher in fat than other fish but it's also higher in heart-protecting omega-3 fatty acids.
- 4 (4 ounce) salmon fillets
- 4 rolls, split and lightly toasted (6-inch)
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 8 slices tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons powdered cajun spices
- nonstick cooking spray
- salt and pepper
- lemon wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a heavy skillet over high heat for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Mix mayonnaise and enough Cajun spice to reach desired hotness.
- Lightly spray both sides of salmon filets with nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle with Cajun spice.
- Place salmon in the hot skillet to blacken; cook 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Cooking time will vary with thickness of filets and heat of pan, salmon is done when it flakes easily with a fork.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture onto each roll, top with blackened salmon, tomato and 1/4 cup shredded cabbage.
- Squeeze with lemon juice and serve.