Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe has been submitted for play in ZWT9 - Cajun/Creole. Recipe from cookbook The Complete Illustrated Book of Herbs. Homemade rubs and marinades enrich the flavor and aroma of meat, chicken, fish and vegetables, especially when barbecuing or roasting.
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 2 whole garlic cloves, skinned
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon mixed peppercorn
- Using your mortar and pestle, pound all the ingredients until fine and well combined.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 12 month.
This was very tasty, I used it to jazz up some grilled shrimp. I really like the inclusion of the celery salt (I make my own with less salt then the commercial brands), and the allspice. Made for ZWT 9 by one of The Appliance Killers
What can I say other than "wonderful"! I made this rub to use on last nights dinner for hubby and I. I put this on the beef that I was using to make shish kabobs. The funny part is that I had every ingredient (rarely ever happens). Another great thing is that I also made Cajun-Grilled Corn on the Cob, which had a lot of similarities. The 2 dishes complimented each other perfectly! This recipe is a keeper. Thank you for sharing. (Made forZWT9 - Cajun)
Made this this afternoon and it packs a nice flavor punch. I tried it out on a cheese sandwich and I may never have a plain one again. If it made a cheese sandwich soar just imagine what it will do for chicken, beef or pork! Houston, we have a keeper.