Recipe by Sharon123
If you like a sweet and spicy flavor profile, you'll get a kick out of Stacy Cox's sweet potatoes, submitted to Taste of Home magazine. The Palestine, Texas cook uses Cajun seasoning and cayenne pepper to season nutrient-rich sweet potatoes.
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, toss the sweet potatoes and oil. Arrange potatoes in a single layer in two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 20 minutes.
- Combine the brown sugar, Cajun seasoning, salt and cayenne; sprinkle over potatoes.
- Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until tender.