Recipe by Karen Elizabeth
Peppers of every kind are crucial to Cajun cooking, this colourful salad uses red, yellow and green capiscums, as well as peppery spices. Make it as chilli-hot as you can stand, to give this vigorous dish its authentic Cajun effect! Posted for ZWT5, from Linda McCartneys "World Of Vegetarian Cooking" The recipe uses Lindas Creole Vinaigrette for the vinaigrette, though you might choose to use another.
Top Review by Kumquat the Cat's friend
Was this ever good! Ate the leftovers for breakfast. I used the recommended vinaigrette recipe, which was crucial to the taste. I made no changes to this recipe at all.
- 150 g long-grain rice
- 40 g red peppers, chopped
- 40 g yellow peppers, chopped
- 25 g tinned mild green chilies, chopped finely
- 40 g red onions, chopped finely
- 1 -2 stick celery, chopped finely
- creole vinaigrette
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 4 spring onions, chopped finely
- 1 small bunch parsley, chopped finely
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to packet instructions. Cool the rice.
- Combine the cooked rice, peppers, chilli, red onion and celery in a salad bowl.
- Toss thoroughly with sufficient vinaigrette to moisten, and season to taste with the optional Tabasco.
- Sprinkle with the chopped spring onions and parsley before serving.