Recipe by Darlene Summers
This is another recipe I got from one of our potlucks at work. My husband likes this one. It is a little warm, so better test it before giving it to the kids.
Top Review by Catfish Jimmy
This was great! As always I changed things up a bit. Used two 14 oz. cans of chicken broth to cook 1 1/2 cups regular long grained rice instead of using minute rice. And 3 tsp of cajun seasoning instead of the chili powder, thyme, and paprika with a few shakes of cayenne pepper, granulated garlic, and some seasoning salt when cooking the peppers and onion. Mixed the onion, peppers and seasonings with the cooked rice. Came out great. And was the perfect side to the spicy catfish tenders recipe #55265. Thanks for posting. This is a keeper.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 large red peppers (or combination of all 3) or 1 large green peppers (or combination of all 3) or 1 large yellow pepper, sliced into thin strips (or combination of all 3)
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups Minute Rice