1/7 Photos of Cajun Rice
Darlene Summers's Note:
This is another recipe I got from one of our potlucks at work. My husband likes this one. It is a little warm, so better test it before giving it to the kids.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 large red peppers (or combination of all 3) or 1 large green peppers (or combination of all 3) or 1 large yellow pepper, sliced into thin strips (or combination of all 3)
- 1 1/2-2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Minute Rice
- 1Cook onion in oil till tender but still opaque.
- 2Add broth, pepper strips and seasonings.
- 3Bring to a rolling boil; stir in rice.
- 4Cover and remove from the heat.
- 5Let set for 5 minutes.
- 6Fluff with a fork.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Rice
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.6
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 343.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 5.7 g