Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is similar to the rice at 'Popeyes'.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup finely-diced bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup diced green onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried celery flakes
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper
- 4 cups long-grain rice, cooked and drained
- 1⁄4 cup water (to 1/3)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In fry pan stir in ground beef, bell pepper and cook on medium-high heat until beef looses its pink color and bell pepper is soft. Remove excess grease.
- Turn temperature down to medium or medium-low. Add remaining ingredients, stir and cook together until ground beef is completely cooked and liquid is gone about 25 to 35 minutes.
- More Creole seasoning and red pepper may be added for that Cajun at Heart. I like to use Tony Chacheres's.
i am trying this tonight and will rate it then, however popeyes uses ground gizzards in their rice.
Wonderful!!!!!!!!This was a great change from regular rice. I used ground turkey intead of beef. Made for Cajun.