Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
My husband is not very fond of tomatoes. With all of the health benefits they have, though, I've tried to come up with some combinations he will be enthused about....and this is one of the results. Spicy hot....you could use less of the Cajun seasonings, if you like. Since we like highly seasoned food, I generally serve some optional hot sauce with this, too. Oh, yes....he does eat this very well!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- hot sauce (Tabasco, red or green) (optional)
- In small skillet, melt butter; add tomatoes, red pepper and onion.
- Sprinkle with the Cajun seasoning.
- Over medium heat, cook, stirring occasionally, for 10-12 minutes or until done to your likeness.
- Serve with hot sauce, if desired.
Very spicy delicious dish! Loved it and will certainly be making it again, lovely way to us up our cherry tomatoes. To cut back a bit on the calories I used just 1 tablespoon of olive oil rather than the butter, We didn't think it needed the taobasco sauce, it was just right with just the amount of cajun seasoning. Thanks for posting.
I doubled this recipe and made it for a pot luck and it was a huge hit. Since I still had some left at the end of the day, I reheated the Cajun reds and served them over some minute rice and sauteed chicken for dinner. Delicious! Thanks for the recipe!