From Holly on allrecipes.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1On a large piece of wax paper, mix together paprika, cayenne pepper, black pepper, onion powder, thyme, basil, garlic powder, and oregano.
- 2In a small saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter or margarine with oil.
- 3Brush both sides of the snapper filets with the butter mixture, reserve the remaining butter mixture.
- 4Coat both sides of the filets with the seasoning-mixture.
- 5Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat until a drop of water sizzles on it.
- 6Drizzle half of the remaining butter-oil mixture on one side of fish fillets.
- 7Place fillets butter side down in pan.
- 8Cook over a high heat until the fish is deeply browned, about 5 minutes.
- 9Drizzle remaining butter-mixture over the fish and flip the fish over.
- 10Cook until fish is browned and flakes when tested with a fork, about 5 minutes more.
- 11Season to taste with salt.
Browse Our Top Cajun Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Red Snapper
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.6
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 90.0 mg
- Sodium 124.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 44.9 g