Recipe by NELady
From Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade Slow Cooker Recipes 2. I got this great cookbook from breezermom, my partner for Feb '09 Cookbook swap!
Top Review by KLBoyle
This was great! I ended up doing mine on the stove top and it was pretty quick. I just sauteed the sausage and onion then threw everything else in, I also added some frozen okra. Let it simmer for a bit till it was nice and thick, served over rice and it was awesome! I will definitely be making this again. Thanks!
- 1 (13 ounce) packagecajun style andouille sausages, diced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (with onions and green peppers)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3⁄4 cup converted rice
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 4-quart slow cooaker, combine sausage, beans, tomatoes, and green peppers.
- In a medium bowl, stir together rice, vegetable stock, and Cajun seasoning. Pour into slow cooker and stir thoroughly.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting for 3 to 4 hours. Season with salt and pepper to taste.