Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This makes a great gift.
Make and share this Cajun Red Beans and Rice Gift Mix recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups red beans, sorted, put into jar or bag
- 1⁄4 cup dehydrated onion
- 2 tablespoons garlic granules
- 1⁄4 cup dehydrated celery (optional)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (do not omit)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Combine seasonings in a small bag.
- 1 1/2 cups white rice in a separate packet.
- Label: Wash beans, put into pot with spices and 1/2 to 1 lb.
- pork neck bones, smoked.
- Cook until beans are well done and meat falls from bones.
- Take out bones, and shred meat into small pieces.
- Serve in large bowl with cooked white rice on bottom.
- Garnish with finely minced green onion, and pass bottle of hot sauce.
- To cook rice: Bring 3 cup water and 1 teaspoons salt to boil.
- Add rice, cover and steam for 20 minutes.
- Cajun Red Beans and Rice but add 1 1/2 cups water instead of just 1 cup.
- Make small, thick pancakes in a greased skillet, and serve with the beans and rice.