Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I ran across this irresistable recipe on Allrecipes website. It was posted by Zlatko Muminovic. He states: "A rich creamy and lightly spicy pasta dish with fresh vegetables and rattlesnake meat or grilled chicken." Cook's Note: Make sure that your rattlesnake meat is thoroughly washed and free of any bones before cutting and cooking.
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta, dry
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup yellow squash, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, cut diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 3⁄4 cup mushroom, sliced (optional)
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, diced
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb rattlesnake, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (can use chicken)
- flour (for dredging)
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add fettuccine and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions, squash, zucchini, and mushrooms; cook and stir for 5 minutes, until the vegetables are heated through but still firm.
- Pour in the cream and the cooked fettucine and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Mix in the jalapeno, garlic, mustard, and Cajun seasoning and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and the tomatoes.
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Preheat 3 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Dredge the rattlesnake meat (or chicken) in flour and pan fry for 5 minutes or until well done.
- Arrange the meat on top of the vegetables and pasta to serve.
It's pretty close to my recipe, which I will have to post sometime. I like to use roasted red peppers and lots of cayenne! Up north, we have to use chicken, but I have had the real deal in Louisiana. Glad to see this recipe on here!