Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Nice quick recipe for lunch or a light supper using ground turkey.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mexicorn, undrained
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup buttermilk baking mix
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375°F Lightly grease 10-inch pie plate.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onion; sauté about 5 minutes or until translucent. Stir in turkey; season with Creole seasoning. Cook 3 to 5 minutes until turkey is browned, stirring often. Stir in Mexicorn, with its liquid, and cheese.
- In medium bowl, combine baking mix, eggs and water; mix well.
- Transfer turkey mixture to prepared pie plate; pour egg mixture evenly on top.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes until quiche is cooked through and golden.