Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 hrs
No Vinegar in this recipe. This Is How Pulled pork should taste, so much flavor you don't even need barbeque sauce. But I do serve Sweet Baby Rays sauce for people add on their sandwich if they like. This recipe is large (fills my 8qt crock pot), so you may want to scale it down if your serving a smaller crowd. Be sure to use a good quality Cajun seasoning like Weber all natural (Salt will not be listed as the first ingredient), you will be using a lot of it and a low quality Cajun seasoning will add to much salt. I use Weber N'Orleans Cajun seasoning
- 118.32 ml butter (as needed when browning the meat)
- 4535.92 g boneless pork loin
- 85.04 g cajun seasoning (approx 1/2 jar)
- 1892.72 ml diced onions
- 10 garlic cloves (or more to taste)
- 473.18 ml water
- 59.16 ml liquid smoke flavoring (I used Colgin Hickory)
- Rinse pork loins and pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut the pork loin into large chunks and rub Cajun seasoning on all sides of each piece until completely covered.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, I like to use my 16 inch cast iron skillet, but I still have to do the meat in two batches. Add pork, and brown on all sides. As they finish transfer them to the crock pot leaving the butter and stuckage in the pan.
- Add the onion and garlic to the skillet, and cook for a few minutes until tender.
- Deglaze the hot pan by stirring in the water and scraping the bottom to include all of the yummy stuckage from the bottom of the pan, (this is where a lot of the color and flavor comes from).
- Now pour the whole mixture into the slow cooker with the pork and stir in liquid smoke flavoring.
- Cover, and cook on high for 5 hours/ low for 8 hours, or until meat is falling apart when pierced with a fork.
- Remove pieces of pork from the slow cooker, and shred. Return to the slow cooker to keep warm while serving. Is is supposed to be somewhat wet when served, but if you feel you have to much liquid remove the liquid and do not waste it! Pour the liquid into a saucepan and reduce it by boiling it. Then return it to the crock pot after the meat is shredded.
- Serve with you favorite barbeque sauce if desired.
Best pulled pork I've ever had!! Just the right amount of spicy! Absolutely love it!
Full of flavor! Delicious! I love this recipe! It's a must try!