Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I made this the other night, as hubby was not well and I just wanted something quick and easy that tasted good and was light. This was all of that and I really enjoyed my meal, as I made this for one I have adjusted the ingredients so it would be fine for two. The avocado cream will be too much, but this will keep in the fridge for a few days, this can't be helped as you need to use a whole avocado so along with the other ingredients you end up with just over a cup. I really liked the sauce and thought all the ingredients went well together, I made with stated ingredients and so had left overs and just used it up over the following days. I have listed ingredients so it will serve 2 people, 2 skewers each, 5 prawns to a skewer, so do adjust if you want to make more.
- 20 large uncooked prawns
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning (more or less depending on how spicy you like it.)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 50 ml olive oil
Creamy Avocado Sauce
- 1 large avocado
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Peel prawns, if not already and devein.
- In a large bowl combine all the marinade ingredients, add prawns, toss to coat thoroughly, marinade for 1hr or until needed.
- Thread prawns onto 4 skewers (soak skewers in water for 30 Min's prior to using, to prevent burning.).
- Cook skewers on the BBQ, under the grill or in a pan until prawns are pink and cooked through, baste a couple of times during cooking.
- Serve with sauce on the side.
- Creamy Avocado Sauce.
- Blend or process ingredients until well combined.
- To serve: Place prawns atop some salad greens on a plate, serve avocado in separate dipping bowls on the side, and a bowl of salad.