Recipe by senseicheryl
This recipe was featured in an email today from the www.allrecipes.com website: "This is a hearty and rich potato soup with cream and spicy andouille sausage. Serve with fresh garlic bread. Use Polish sausage in place of the andouille for a slightly different flavor." Submitted by Chris Breese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs andouille sausages, sliced into rounds
- 6 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1 3⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the butter and oil together in a large stock pot over medium heat.
- Cook the onion and garlic in the butter and oil until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the sausage slices; cook and stir another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the potatoes; cook and stir 15 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth, milk, heavy cream, and Italian seasoning. Bring to a simmer and cook 10 to 12 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Mix in the spinach.
- Remove from heat.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.