Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Bon Appétit, July 1999.
Make and share this Cajun Potato Salad With Andouille Sausage recipe from Food.com.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 226.79 g andouille sausages, cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1360.77 g red potatoes, peeled, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 44.37 ml white wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml hot pepper sauce
- 14.79 ml whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 236.59 ml chopped celery
- 158.51 ml sliced green onion
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add sausages; saute until brown, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to paper towels and drain.
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil.
- Add potatoes; cook just until tender, stirring occasionally, about 9 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Whisk vinegar, pepper sauce and mustard in large bowl.
- Transfer warm potatoes to bowl with vinegar mixture and gently toss.
- Gently mix in sausages, bell pepper, celery, green onions and 1/4 cup oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
The Andouille sausage was a really great addition here! I got distracted and overcooked my potatoes a little bit, so my salad wasn't as pretty as it should've been, but that was totally my fault. I don't like green bell pepper, so I subbed in a red one instead (for some reason, I don't mind the taste of any other color of bell pepper, just the green ones). The vinegar was a little bit strong, but it might have just been the particular one I used. I would make this again -- the spice and meat in it make it a definite guy pleaser. Thanks for posting! Made for The Holy Trinity challenge for ZWT9
This was really great! I did not miss my ole buddy, ole pal mayo one bit! I did not measure the dressing ingredients exactly, so I may have doubled them, mmmmm...