Recipe by BakinBaby
Also known as creole mustard potato salad, or like mamaw called it; Lousiana Tater Salad. I am posting for ZWT5. If creole mustard is not available, you can substitute coarse ground mustard with a touch of prepared horsaradish. This is a nice side dish to the Louisana favorite, red beans and rice.
- 3 lbs red potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup creole mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon creole seasoning (or cajun spice)
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper (diced)
- 1⁄2 green onion (diced)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup bacon (cooked or diced)
- 1⁄4 cup parsley (fresh or chopped)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Add potaotes to lightly salted water, cover, bring to a boil on high heat, reduce to a simmer about 20 minute or until tatters are fork tender, drain and cut into 1" chunks. ( some like 'um peeled, we don't.).
- Combine mustard and creole seasoning in a medium sized bowl; add warm potaotes; toss to combine.
- Toss in green pepper,green onion and bacon.
- Combine mayonnaise,sour cream, & sugar, add to potato/vegetable mixture, season with salt and pepper and parsley (optional).
- Refergerate for at least 3 hours to meld flavors.