Recipe by SharonP
This was in a "Taste of Home" flier received in the mail...I checked for Cajun Potato Salad, and this was was a little different from the others. Wanted to add this to my recipe book. Have not tried it as yet.
- 5 medium red potatoes
- 6 cups water
- 3 tablespoons seafood seasoning
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 lb medium shrimp
- 1⁄4 cup whole green onion
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan or Dutch oven;
- Add the water, seafood seasoning and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add the shrimp; cover and cook for 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and potatoes are tender.
- Peel and dice the potatoes.
- Peel and devein the shrimp, cut into pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, shrimp, onions and pimentos.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar.
- Add to the potato mixture and gently toss to coat.
- Season with additional salt, if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.