Recipe by gaylasikes
This is a dish that I have tweeked over a few years. It was taught to me by my mother so the recipe was always "a little of this and a little of that." It is always changing according to how much of each ingredient I have on hand. By boiling to potatoes with the skins on, the flavor is a lot better.
Top Review by Geneva Compton
Love this recipe, only one I'll ever use for potato salad!! I like to boil my potatoes in a little crab boil or use the left over potatoes from a crawfish boil for extra kick. A scoop of this dropped in a bowl of gumbo is like heaven! Thanks!
- 5 red potatoes
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup chopped pickle
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄8 cup mustard
- cajun seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and boil potatoes until they can be peirced with a fork. Place on a plate to cool.
- Boil eggs until hard boiled. Peel and chop coarsely.
- Peel potatoes and chop/mash coarsely in a large bowl.
- Mix in eggs, pickles, mayo and mustard. Add more or less mayo and mustard as you like.
- Spice with paprika and cajun seasonings (my favorite is Tony's).