Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From The Natural Menopause Cookbook. I have tweeked it a little.
Make and share this Cajun Potato, Prawn/Shrimp and Avocado Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Cook the potatoes in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender, drain well.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large nonstick frying pan/skillet.
- Add the prawns, garlic, spring onions and Cajun seasoning and stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until the prawns are hot.
- Stir in the potatoes and cook for a further minute.
- Transfer to serving dishes and top with the avocado and the alfalfa sprouts and serve.
Sorry Pat, but this one just didn't zing for us. I felt it was lacking in something like a dressing or something juicy to meld the ingredients together. Very healthy though as it is. I used small purple skinned potatoes as that was all I had on hand. Made for Aussie Kiwi Swap March 2012
Really its a 5 plus - I dont usually say that at all, but Pat it was just such a wonderful combination of flavours. I dont believe in changing any recipe if I want to rate it. I always feel that at least for the first time, I do it "your way" other wise I would not have chosen it. its easy to prepare and the spicy flavour is just tingling in your mouth, its already become a firm favourite according to my DH, so thanks so much for posting. we served this along with a couple of other salads at a family Barbecue.