Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
A roast that kicks it up a notch.
- 1 5⁄8 lbs boneless beef chuck shoulder pot roast, boneless
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 9 ounces frozen corn
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can diced tomato
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Rub entire surface of roast with Cajun Seasoning.
- Place roast in crock-pot.
- Top with corn, onion and bell pepper.
- Combine tomatoes, pepper and hot pepper sauce.
- Mix well and pour over vegetables and roast.
- Cook on low setting for 8 to 10hours.
What a fantastic pot roast! I doubled everything but the corn (since all I had was a 10 oz pack of frozen) for a 2.5 lbs. roast. Before slow cooking, I put the Cajun seasoning (Tony Chachere's), the roast, and about three tbs. flour in a gallon ziploc, shaking to coat the roast. Then I browned the roast on all sides and after that sauteed the onions and peppers for a few minutes in the same pan, using a spatula to scrape up the browned bits. Other than that, I followed the recipe as written. In seven hours, the roast was falling apart tender in a delicious, spicy tomato gravy. It made a beautiful presentation over Kittencal's "Roasted Potatoes and Baby Carrots with Garlic," (Recipe #145287) with a side of "Real Southern Cornbread," (Recipe #51550). I will be making this often, thank you!
Love this recipe!! Can't wait to make it again. I also served with mashed potatoes. YUMMY. I added a little flour and turned on high for last hour to thicken juices.
We really enjoyed this with homemade mashed potatoes. Since I had a package of colored peppers w/onions in my freezer, I used it instead of chopping my own. A great tasting meal with so little effort. The taste reminded me of swiss steak and I will definetly be making this again. Thank you for posting.