Recipe by Jenn K.
For a truly Cajun meal, serve this with cooked okra, but I'm not quite that Cajun so we just have this with green beans or another vegetable. Makes great sandwiches for left overs and can be frozen for 3 months with the sauce.
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 2 -3 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cajun-style stewed tomatoes or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic or 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from roast. Cut roast to fit in crock pot, if necessary. Rub Cajun seasoning all over meat. In large skillet brown meat on all sides in hot oil.
- In a 3 1/2 to 4 quart crock pot combine undrained tomatoes, onion, celery, tapioca, and garlic. Place meat on top of vegetable mixture.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high setting for 5 to 6 hours.
- Slice meat; serve with sauce over rice. Makes 6 servings.