Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 hrs
For a truly Cajun meal, serve this with cooked okra, but I'm not quite that Cajun so we just have this with green beans or another vegetable. Makes great sandwiches for left overs and can be frozen for 3 months with the sauce.
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 2 -3 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cajun-style stewed tomatoes or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic or 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Trim fat from roast. Cut roast to fit in crock pot, if necessary. Rub Cajun seasoning all over meat. In large skillet brown meat on all sides in hot oil.
- In a 3 1/2 to 4 quart crock pot combine undrained tomatoes, onion, celery, tapioca, and garlic. Place meat on top of vegetable mixture.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high setting for 5 to 6 hours.
- Slice meat; serve with sauce over rice. Makes 6 servings.
Wow! This was so easy but so wonderful!!!! This had so much taste and will definately make it again. Passed the recipe on to others and they loved it!
We left out the tapioca and used crushed no-salt tomatoes. This was FANTASTIC. Full of flavor, a keeper for sure!