Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This seasoned rub for pork has a unique blend of 9 herbs and spices. If you choose to grill the pork tenderloin, it can be grilled whole, rather than in slices.
- 12 ounces pork tenderloin, visible fat trimmed
- nonstick cooking spray
- 8 ounces fresh okra or 8 ounces frozen okra, sliced and thawed
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- salt and black pepper
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta, cooked and kept warm
Cajun Spice Rub
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- For spice rub combine all ingredients in small bowl.set aside.
- Cut pork into 1/4-inch-thick slices; coat all sides with Cajun Spice Rub.
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat until hot. Cook and stir pork 2 to 3 minutes on each side until browned and no longer pink in center. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Add okra to skillet; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until browned. Add bell peppers, jalapeño pepper, onion and chicken broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add pork and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Place farfale on serving platter; spoon pork mixture over top and toss.