Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Food Network Kitchen's "How to Boil Water".
Make and share this Cajun Pork Tenderloin With Braised Greens recipe from Food.com.
- 3 slices bacon, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 8 cups kale, roughly chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth, plus
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 (14 ounce) pork tenderloin, each halved crosswise
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- store-bought dinner rolls or biscuit
- FOR THE GREENS: Cook the bacon over medium heat in a large skillet until browned, about 6 minutes. Add the onion, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper flakes and tomato, and cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the kale and 1 1/2 cups broth, cover, cook until wilted, about 8 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup broth and vinegar, and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- FOR THE PORK: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the Cajun spice, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, and salt to make paste. Rub the pork with spice paste. Heat a skillet over medium-high. Add the remaining olive oil and sear the pork, turning until all sides are golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes total. Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the meat registers 150 degrees F, about 10 to 12 minutes. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest on a cutting board. Deglaze the pan with 1/2 cup chicken broth. Reduce a little and swirl in 2 tablespoons butter. Thinly slice the pork, divide among 4 plates. Drizzle with pan sauce and serve with the greens and dinner rolls or biscuits.