Recipe by Julesong
Garlicky, spicy pork roast!
Top Review by Angeline
Excellent! This is so wonderfully flavorful and easy to make. I didn't have tiger sauce so I used Red Devil cayenne hot sauce instead. Definitely a keeper!
Editing just to say that I've also made this in the crock pot. No need to marinade overnight since it's in the crock pot all day. Still super yummy!
- 10 lbs boneless boston pork roast
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce (Lea & Perrins)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 3⁄4 cup chopped garlic (approx 1 head garlic)
- Cajun-style seasoning salt, or other seasoning salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup tiger sauce (a brand name of sweetened hot sauce)
- 6 ounces tomato paste, thinned with 1/4 cup water or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- MARINADE: Combine chopped onion, chopped garlic, chopped parsley with the Tiger Sauce, Worcestershire sauce, steak sauce and dry mustard (and seasoning salt to taste, if using). Mix well.
- Make slits into roast and rub sauce well into and over the roast (a basting syringe works well to place sauce into slits).
- Allow to sit in the refrigerator for 6 hours (or overnight).
- TOMATO SAUCE: Mix tomato paste (thinned with 1/4 cup water or chicken broth), parsley, and the brown sugar very well and set aside.
- Cook roast in a covered grill until the internal temperature of the roast is 170 degrees.
- Brush with Tomato Sauce when done and serve.
- An adopted recipe.