1/1 Photo of Cajun Pork Loin Roast in a Crock Pot
6 hrs 35 mins
Chef Buggsy Mate's Note:
A simple and tasty crock pot recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced (I like to use red or yellow)
- 1 carrot, diced
- 6 -8 potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (roughly 4 lbs.)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1Peel potatoes and slice them into 1/4" rounds. Place them in the bottom of your crock pot.
- 2Finely chop the remainder of the vegetables. In a large skillet, saute the vegetables in butter until tender.
- 3Add the garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in pepper sauce and all seasonings but the bay leaves.
- 4Cut deep slits in roast and place in crock pot on top of the potatoes slit side up.
- 5Spoon vegetable mixture into slits and over the top of the roast. Add bay leaves to the crock pot.
- 6Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the pork is tender.
- 7Transfer roast to a serving platter. Using a slotted spoon, remove potatoes and place them around the roast on the platter. Cover platter with foil to keep the roast and potatoes warm.
- 8If bay leaves are still in the crock pot, remove them. Pour juices into a small saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into the pan.
- 9Bring to a boil; cook and stir for two minutes until liquid has thickened.
- 10Serve gravy with roast and potatoes.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Pork Loin Roast in a Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 514.6
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 149.6 mg
- Sodium 282.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 50.0 g