Prep 35 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A simple and tasty crock pot recipe.
Make and share this Cajun Pork Loin Roast in a Crock Pot recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced (I like to use red or yellow)
- 1 carrot, diced
- 6 -8 potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (roughly 4 lbs.)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Peel potatoes and slice them into 1/4" rounds. Place them in the bottom of your crock pot.
- Finely chop the remainder of the vegetables. In a large skillet, saute the vegetables in butter until tender.
- Add the garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in pepper sauce and all seasonings but the bay leaves.
- Cut deep slits in roast and place in crock pot on top of the potatoes slit side up.
- Spoon vegetable mixture into slits and over the top of the roast. Add bay leaves to the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the pork is tender.
- Transfer roast to a serving platter. Using a slotted spoon, remove potatoes and place them around the roast on the platter. Cover platter with foil to keep the roast and potatoes warm.
- If bay leaves are still in the crock pot, remove them. Pour juices into a small saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into the pan.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for two minutes until liquid has thickened.
- Serve gravy with roast and potatoes.
I love anything that is done in a crock pot and this is no exception. We liked all the veggies, however next time I will add even more carrots (I had put in 2 as is) and decrease the amount of potatoes. I also felt it could have used more of a "kick", didn't seem very Cajun. On the plus side the pork was super moist and tender and we have lots of leftovers for tomorrow.