Recipe by daisygrl64
Serve with steamed rice to soak up the sauce, add some greens on the side and you have a great dinner. From Pol Martin Cookbook
Top Review by Darkhunter
Absolutely delicious! This was part of a cross-culture dinner tonight,as I made it to go with Recipe #373114 from the Caribbean. Any self respecting Cajun would have had tears in his eyes! Served it over Recipe #177017. I couldn't find pork cutlets, so I just used thin boneless chops. Will have this again. Thnx for posting, daisygrl! Made for ZWT5 for RRR
- 8 pork cutlets
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon powdered oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon powdered thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, in thick strips
- 1 red pepper, in thick strips
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth, heated
- 1 teaspoon honey
Directions See How It's Made
- mix herbs and spices together, rub half of mixture into meat.
- heat butter in large frying pan over med heat, add pork and cook 3 minutes on each side, season with salt and remove from pan, set aside.
- add onions to hot pan and cook 3 minutes over med heat, add peppers and remaining spice mixture, mix and cook for 7 minutes.
- sprinkle in flour, mix well and cook 3 minutes.
- add chicken broth and honey. cook 5 minutes over low heat. return pork to pan and simmer 2 minutes.