Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 4 pork chops
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- cajun seasoning, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup rice
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Brown the pork chops, onion, bell pepper, and garlic together in small amount of oil in heavy skillet.
- When chops are browned and vegetables are tender, place in a casserole dish with Cajun seasoning, rice, broth, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bake covered about 20 minutes or until rice is done and chops are tender.
Great flavours, I used a red onion and added some red bell pepper for colour. So easy to make, loved the fact that the rice was cooked with the meat..saved on more pot washing..lol The Cajun seasoning gave a nice 'zing' Thanks for posting. =)
The flavors of this were really good! I did have some problem getting the rice to absorb the broth though. I baked it for 50 minutes and with it still not cooking and the pork dry, I took it out and finished the rice in the microwave. But again, the flavors were really good!
These were really easy. I used 1 tsp. Tony Chachere's cajun seasoning, and 3/4 cup rice and baked for 45 minutes. Next time I will definitely reduce the cajun seasoning--it was really spicy!