Recipe by PanNan
This is a family favorite we make over and over again. Although it's extremely flavorful, it is quite lean
Top Review by Radka
Very easy and tasty! I added more water when it was simmering because the one cup of gravy I used just didn't seem to be enough. It was enjoyed by my family and will be made again.
- 6 lean pork chops
- cajun seasoning
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1 package beef gravy, prepared per directions (or 1 - 1 1/2 cups home made or bottled brown gravy)
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chops liberally with Cajun seasoning.
- Spray pan with vegetable oil, or use a small amount of oil.
- Brown the chops on both sides.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add onion, pepper, celery and garlic to the pan and saute until tender.
- Add the pork chops back to the pan with the vegetables, add the brown gravy.
- Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.