Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
It came from the Atkins Diet.
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oil
- 4 boneless center cut pork chops, 1/2 thick
- Combine paprika, salt, sage, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne on a plate. Coat chops with seasoning mixture on both sides.Heat butter and oil over high heat in a large skillet until very hot. Place chops in skillet, reduce heat to medium and cook 8 to 9 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking time.
As one from Cajun decent, my spice seismographer is probably more sensitive and more tested on a daily basis, than most. Anyway, by the power vested in me by the state of Louisiana I pronounce this delicious.