Recipe by gailanng
The filling can be prepared the day before and refrigerated. Just roll it in plastic wrap.
Top Review by Boomette
oh wow this is so amazing and I'm proud of myself. It's beautiful lol I love the taste of the filling. Even my son loved it. I omitted salt and red pepper. Thanks Gailanng :) Made for Holiday tag game
- 1 lb ground lean pork
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped (scallions)
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 egg, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- In large skillet, brown pork and drain.
- Add onions, celery, green bell pepper, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add cream cheese, green onion, and parsley. Stir until cream cheese is melted and blended; cool completely.
- Unroll dough onto lightly greased cookie sheet and firmly press perforations to seal. This can be done on a greased piece of foil to fit cookie sheet.
- With floured rolling pin, roll dough into a 12"x10" rectangle.
- Spoon pork down center, leaving 1" on both (short) ends and 3" on both (long) sides.
- Cut dough on each long side of filling into fourteen 3/4" diagonal strips, 2" long. This can be done with kitchen shears.
- Brush beaten egg over dough strips.
- Fold ends of dough over filling.
- Lay dough strips alternately over filling, forming a roll resembling a braid.
- Brush exterior dough with remaining egg.
- Bake 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden brown.