This microwave recipe is from Swift & Company. It can easily be modified for stovetop cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless pork loin
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 3/4 inch squares
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled,seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup toasted pecan halves
- 2 1/2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1Partially freeze pork loin.
- 2Thinly slice into bite-sized strips.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Combine broth, tomato paste, cornstarch, thyme, red pepper, black pepper and salt; set aside.
- 5Preheat a 10-inch browning dish on HIGH (100% power) for 5 minutes.
- 6Add oil; swirling to coat dish.
- 7Add pork strips.
- 8Quickly stir to spread evenly.
- 9Cover and microwave on HIGH (100% power) for 4-5 minutes, stirring twice, until no pink remains.
- 10Remove meat from dish.
- 11Add celery, onion and garlic to dish.
- 12Cover and microwave on HIGH (100% power) for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- 13Stir in green pepper, chopped tomato and broth mixture.
- 14Cover and microwave on HIGH for 7-9 minutes or until slightly thickened and bubbly.
- 15Stir in pork and pecans.
- 16Microwave, uncovered on HIGH for about 2 minutes or until heated through.
- 17Serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Pork and Pecans
Serving Size: 1 (466 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 593.2
- Calories from Fat 286
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 71.4 mg
- Sodium 414.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 29.6 g