Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This microwave recipe is from Swift & Company. It can easily be modified for stovetop cooking.
Make and share this Cajun Pork and Pecans recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless pork loin
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 3/4 inch squares
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled,seeded and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup toasted pecan halves
- 2 1⁄2 cups hot cooked rice
- Partially freeze pork loin.
- Thinly slice into bite-sized strips.
- Set aside.
- Combine broth, tomato paste, cornstarch, thyme, red pepper, black pepper and salt; set aside.
- Preheat a 10-inch browning dish on HIGH (100% power) for 5 minutes.
- Add oil; swirling to coat dish.
- Add pork strips.
- Quickly stir to spread evenly.
- Cover and microwave on HIGH (100% power) for 4-5 minutes, stirring twice, until no pink remains.
- Remove meat from dish.
- Add celery, onion and garlic to dish.
- Cover and microwave on HIGH (100% power) for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in green pepper, chopped tomato and broth mixture.
- Cover and microwave on HIGH for 7-9 minutes or until slightly thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in pork and pecans.
- Microwave, uncovered on HIGH for about 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with rice.