My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse shrimp in cold water.
- 2Drain well and set aside in a cool place until needed.
- 3Using a fork, whisk together the eggs and dry white wine in a small bowl, then set aside in a cool place.
- 4In a mixing bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, chives, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- 5Gradually whisk in the egg mixture, blending well.
- 6Cover the batter and then let stand for about 1 hour at room temperature.
- 7Heat 2 to 3 inches of oil in a large frying pan or deep-fryer to 375 degrees.
- 8Dip the shrimp into the batter and fry in small batches for 2 to 3 minutes, turning to color evenly until golden brown.
- 9Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- 10Serve hot with your favorite dip.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Popcorn Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.3
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 225.6 mg
- Sodium 262.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 26.1 g