Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 mins
These are great party snacks..and always go fast!
- 2 lbs raw crayfish tails or 2 lbs shrimp
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup fine cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- oil (for deep frying)
- Rinse the crawfish tails or shrimp in cold water, drain well ans set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs and wine in a small bowl, set aside.
- Combine the cornmeal, flour,chives,garlic, thyme,salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Gradually whisk in the egg mixture, blending well.
- Cover the batter and let stand at room temperature for about one hour.
- Heat 2-3 inches oil in large frying pan to 375 degrees.
- Dip the seafood into the batter and fry in small batches 2-3 minutes, turning until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.