Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
Can you take the heat? My DH makes this when he wants a hot and spicy snack. The amount of popcorn is only an estimate.
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 6 -8 cups popped popcorn
- Combine all ingredients but popcorn and heat in microwave 30 seconds.
- Drizzle over popcorn and toss to coat.
- The more popcorn you use, the milder the taste.
On the advice of another reviewer I halved the thyme, and it was just right. I also halved the garlic (for my taste) and added at least three times the hot sauce, using green Tabasco (my favorite) and that gave it a great flavor and made it nice and spicy. This is definitely a repeat recipe!
Just made this for a quick snack...used frank hot sauce and skipped the thyme. Instead of pepper I used cayenne pepper. Nice change from regular popcorn...thanks.
This was really good! Lots of flavour - it has heat, but not too much. I used Frank's Red Hot as the hot pepper sauce. Nice change from regular ol' buttered popcorn.