Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From my friend HaguePoo in my New Orleans recipe group. I serve this as a first course or over a little pasta for lunch.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 8 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 8 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- garlic (I like a bunch)
- black pepper
- 2 teaspoons madeira wine
- In a medium saucepan, saute mushrooms and garlic in 1 teaspoon butter until tender.
- Stir in shrimp and cook until pink.
- Transfer to bowl.
- In same saucepan melt remaining 2 teaspoons butter.
- Slowly mix in cream.
- Stir in shrimp and mushroom mixture and black pepper.
- Simmer over very low heat until thick.
- Just before serving stir in wine.
This was an easy to make, flavorful sauce. I served it over pan friend cajun tilapia. Thanks for posting.
excellent and easy, gotta love it
I made this sauce this past weekend for a dinner party. I grilled some catfish and poured this sauce over it. I served it with white rice and wilted spinach and red bell peppers. It was AMAZING! I think next time I'm going to try and get some red fish and pan fry it to put the sauce over. Great work!