Prep 30 mins
Cook 18 mins
This sounds so good. I hope to try it soon. From Weight Watchers New 365 Day Menu Cookbook.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup spicy tomato sauce, spanish-style, canned
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pinch ground red pepper
- 32 medium shrimp, about 1 pound peeled & deveined
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- To prepare dough, in medium bowl, combine 2 cups of the flour, the cornmeal and salt; gradually stir in 3/4 cup water, stirring until mixture holds together.
- Sprinkle work surface with remaining 1/4 cup flour; transfer dough to prepared surface.
- Knead dough 2 minutes; set aside, covered, 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium nonstick skillet, heat oil; add onions, bell pepper, celery and garlic.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, 5 minutes, until vegetables are softened.
- Add tomato sauce, bay leaf, oregano, thyme, ground red pepper and 1/4 cup water; bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes, until mixture is thickened.
- Roll dough into a 12-inch circle; transfer to 12-inch pizza pan, pressing to form a stand-up rim.
- Bake 12 minutes.
- Remove crust from oven; leave oven on.
- Remove and discard bay leaf from tomato sauce mixture.
- Spread tomato sauce mixture over baked crust to within 1/2-inch of rim; top evenly with shrimp and cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes, until shrimp turn pink and cheese is melted.
- Cut into 8 equal wedges.
- SERVING (ONE-EIGHTH OF PIZZA) PROVIDES: 1/4 Fat, 3/4 Vegetable, 1 1/2 Proteins, 1 3/4 Breads.
- PER SERVING: 260 Calories, 5 g Total Fat, 2 g Saturated Fat, 96 mg Cholesterol, 386 mg Sodium, 35 g Total Carbohydrate, 2 g Dietary Fiber, 18 g Protein, 103 mg Calcium; 5 points.