Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the Recipe Hall of Fame Cookbook II.
- 6 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking grits
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (6 ounce) package processed cheese with garlic
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 lbs medium shrimp, peeled
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a large saucepan with cooking spray.
- Add water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Stir in salt and grits.
- Lower heat and cook, stirring occasionally until water is absorbed and grits thicken.
- Add butter, cheeses and Worcestershire.
- Cook until cheese melts.
- Pour into greased casserole dish and bake for about 20 minutes to set.
- In large saucepan, melt butter and oil over medium heat.
- Add shrimp and sauté just until pink.
- Stir in all ingredients and seasonings.
- Simmer about 10 minutes.
- Mixture will be very saucy.
- Serve a scoop of grits surrounded with shrimp and sauce.
- Serve with hot French bread for dipping.