Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a nifty recipe that does not require a lot of work and makes a perfect gift to give to friends.
- 453.59 g pecan halves
- 59.16 ml butter (melted)
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 2.46 ml onion powder
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes.
- Turn on low, uncovered, stirring occasionally for 2 hours.
- Transfer nuts to a baking sheet and cool completely.
- Pack nuts into glass jars and decorate with bows for holiday gifts.
- Note: The number of servings is a estimation, it will depend on the size jar you use. I estimate that you can probably get 4 servings from most jars, because I don't think you would use large jars for this.
Made as directed and loved them! My DH had an interesting idea: substitute the plain salt for smoked sea salt. Will try that next time. I will definitely be making these for gifts. Thanks, Jacqueline! Made for PAC Spring '08.