Recipe by Jacqueline in KY
This is a nifty recipe that does not require a lot of work and makes a perfect gift to give to friends.
Top Review by mersaydees
Made as directed and loved them! My DH had an interesting idea: substitute the plain salt for smoked sea salt. Will try that next time. I will definitely be making these for gifts. Thanks, Jacqueline! Made for PAC Spring '08.
- 1 lb pecan halves
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes.
- Turn on low, uncovered, stirring occasionally for 2 hours.
- Transfer nuts to a baking sheet and cool completely.
- Pack nuts into glass jars and decorate with bows for holiday gifts.
- Note: The number of servings is a estimation, it will depend on the size jar you use. I estimate that you can probably get 4 servings from most jars, because I don't think you would use large jars for this.